Please watch the tutorial video for how to set up Alexa on your CoWatch. Please note that you will need to set up bluetooth tethering if you want to use Alexa on CoWatch where there is no wifi connection. Please consult the User Guide for tethering setup instructions.
If you want to read step-by-step instructions on Alexa setup, please following the links below for how to set up Alexa in U.S. and in other countries.
How to set up Alexa if you are in United States:
- Download the latest OTA update on the CoWatch and the latest Android or iOS CoWatch companion.
- Ensure CoWatch is connected to your phone
- Ensure the watch is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Tethering
- Tap the Alexa Container, or long-press the physical button for a second. The log in screen will be displayed.
- Click the “Log In” button, and unlock your phone.
- A browser screen will open on your phone (iPhone on the left, and Android phone on the right below) inviting you to enter your Amazon username and password. If a browser screen is not opening on your phone, please make sure your watch is connected to the phone.
- After you type in your Amazon username and password and submit, you will move to a screen granting CoWatch access to your Alexa account (iPhone on the left, and Android phone on the right below).
- Alexa is now connecting to Amazon’s servers. Depending on your connection, this may take as long as 10 seconds.
- Once you see the “Listening” message, speak your command and wait for Alexa’s response, following the “Processing” message.
- If you want to jump in and ask another question, just tap inside the Alexa icon and start again.
- If you want Alexa to stop talking, you can swipe out of the Container. If Alexa hangs on the “Listening” screen, swipe out of the Container and go back in.
How to set up Alexa if you are in other countries
Other than following the same general setup process as outlined above, you may need to temporarily change the region setting on your smartphone.
To change the region setting on your iPhone: Settings-> General->language & Region->Region -> United States. Please also make sure the language setting is English(U.S.). After that, please try to use Alexa container to set up Alexa. And you will find “Settings->APP Settings->Alexa Settings” in your companion app. You can change language setting back to your original setting after Alexa is up running.
If you want to set Alexa’s location for weather, time, etc., please know that all of the Alexa locations settings are set in your Amazon Alexa account. You can change them by following these directions: