- Download the latest OTA update on the CoWatch and the latest Android or iOS CoWatch companion.
- Ensure CoWatch is connected to your phone
- Ensure the watch is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Tethering
- Tap the Alexa Container, or long-press the physical button for a second. The log in screen will be displayed.
- Click the “Log In” button, and unlock your phone.
- A browser screen will open on your phone (iPhone on the left, and Android phone on the right below) inviting you to enter your Amazon username and password. If a browser screen is not opening on your phone, please make sure your watch is connected to the phone.
- After you type in your Amazon username and password and submit, you will move to a screen granting CoWatch access to your Alexa account (iPhone on the left, and Android phone on the right below).
- Alexa is now connecting to Amazon’s servers. Depending on your connection, this may take as long as 10 seconds.
- Once you see the “Listening” message, speak your command and wait for Alexa’s response, following the “Processing” message.
- If you want to jump in and ask another question, just tap inside the Alexa icon and start again.
- If you want Alexa to stop talking, you can swipe out of the Container. If Alexa hangs on the “Listening” screen, swipe out of the Container and go back in.
HOW DO I SET UP BLUETOOTH TETHERING
If your watch is not connected to Wi-Fi, you can still connect to the internet by enabling Bluetooth tethering between your watch and your phone.
The watch will automatically notify you if Wi-Fi is not available. Click “Tether”
This will take open up a step-by-step tutorial on your phone.
Please note that the Bluetooth Tethering feature is in a beta stage and may not work with every smartphone model. We would love to hear your feedback about it.